Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot reinstall itunes

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 night rains

night rains

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 AM

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:18 PM

Hi,

My problem with itunes started with not being able to open it and getting a message, files are missing, reinstall itunes. I had a difficulty time uninstalling it, but finally got it done. Now I cannot reinstall it. I can download it. It goes through the installing process and then just hangs there with the status bar full green but still installing. Today, at 3p, I downloaded itunes 10.2 and it is still installing at the moment. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Vista Home Edition

OS: Vista Home Edition, Computer: Gateway, GT5670, CPU: AMD Phenom x3 8400, Ram: DDR2, 3072MB, Motherboard: ECS, MCP61PM-GM, Graphics Care: NVIDIA, GEForce 6150SE nForce 430, 128MB, Storage: WD My Book 465GB, A/V: Avira

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 PM

Posted 06 May 2011 - 09:32 AM

Hello,

How about giving this utility a try?

Install and run the program on your computer and look through the list of programs displayed, to find iTunes or other Apple software. When you do find them, proceed to remove them completely and restart your computer.

Hopefully, the installation of iTunes will go through just fine.
ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users