Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is my mouse broken or is it my bluetooth adaptor having problems?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Elec-1

Elec-1

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 PM

Posted 05 May 2011 - 04:48 PM

System Info

Computer: Dell XPS M1350
Vista Home Premium SP2
32 bit Operating System

Bluetooth Radios:
Dell Truemobile 355 Bluetooth + EDR
Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator

I'm having problems with my Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000. As the topic suggests, it won't work with my computer and isn't listed under bluetooth devices.

Posted Image

Yet it is listed in mouse devices. Moreover, it says it is functioning properly under the Hardware tab, but under the Bluetooth tab, it says the device status is Disconnected/Standby.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I've had similar issues before but I've always been able to fix it myself. However I have tried repeatedly to reconnect and also get the Bluetooth adapter detect my mouse. My Bluetooth adapter is internal, btw. So is there a way to ensure that my Bluetooth adapter is functioning properly? That way I can know whether my mouse is broken, or if I just need to fix a problem with my adapter.

Edited by Elec-1, 05 May 2011 - 05:04 PM.

The custom avatar was created for me by AnonymousMonster at DeviantArt.
http://anonymousmonster.deviantart.com/

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 PM

Posted 06 May 2011 - 09:26 AM

Well, to answer your second question:

Enable bluetooth on your laptop and your mobile phone. Check to see if either one is being detected on the other device. To do so, you may try scanning for bluetooth devices through your mobile phone.

(At the end of it, you should be able to confirm that your internal bluetooth adapter works fine)

(OR)

If you have a USB Bluetooth dongle, connect it to a different computer and pair it with your bluetooth mouse to see how things go.
ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users