Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Inquiry About Chaos Manager From Micro-sys

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 firstfiddle

firstfiddle

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 AM

Posted 02 January 2006 - 04:01 PM

Is this the correct forum for this post? I am a permanent "computer advanced beginner" making my first post to this site.
I want to have a calendar on my computer, something similar to the
"day-runner" format, with a few more features. I think I have found
what I want in "Chaos Manager" (freeware) from Micro-Sys.com.
My computer is Dell Dimension 4100 PC, running Windows M/E, with 128 memory.
Does anyone have Chaos Manager on their computer? Know anything about it?
Seems that an up-date is coming this month. Have read the product description, and I would want to take away the "skins" and FTP in order to go lighter...wouldn't need them, anyway (right?).
Scared of the whole idea of adding a download ... will it infect my computer? will it be tough to remove if I don't like it? Will I be able to follow the instructions (How to install, how to use, how to delete features..yikes!). Will appreciate comments, suggestions, and help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 AM

Posted 02 January 2006 - 06:26 PM

Before downloading any application, I would advise doing a Google search on it---any problems will soon surface from unhappy users writing in various forums or blogs.
I notice it is available from ZDNet downloads (though as yet with no user comments) and from lockergnome, two sites I respect for reviewing/checking the applications for spyware, etc., before including them. The application apparently also includes an uninstaller, according to the notes,and the skin download is optional.

Your anti-virus should check what gets downloaded; if it does not have this functionality, download it to special folder and scan it before installing the application. If all you need is a basic calender with notifications, then the Mozilla organization has it's Sunbird.

Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users