Jump to content


Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.


VGA Splitter/switch?

  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bigalexe


  • Members
  • 170 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Michigan, USA
  • Local time:03:39 PM

Posted 05 May 2011 - 11:19 AM

I don't know if these exist and was wondering if someone can point me as to what to look for.

I have a friend that we would like to be able to switch between video output to their monitor or their television at will with minimum effort. They have integrated graphics so all they have for video-out is a single VGA port that is useable. This would be a switch and not a dual-monitor setup. The television and monitor are close to one another because both are located in the living room of an apartment so length shouldn't be too big a problem. I am just looking for them to have a setup that is easier to use than actually moving the physical cord every time. The desire to use the television as a monitor is so they can watch online television without being stuck in the computer chair.

So is there a VGA splitter cable that can be used as a switch?

**Speakers are not an issue, computer speakers are close enough and loud enough they can be used.
AMD Phenom II X6 2.8ghz
XFX ATI Radeon HD6850 1 GB DDR5, 26" Widescreen HDMI
500GB + 80GB HDD
Windows 7 Pro, Mozilla Firefox, AutoCAD 2011, Solidworks 2009

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)


#2 nitekram


  • Members
  • 41 posts
  • Local time:04:39 PM

Posted 05 May 2011 - 11:33 AM

So is there a VGA splitter cable that can be used as a switch?

I did a real quick search on google (your friend by the way) and found this link - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Port-Way-VGA-Monitor-Switch/dp/B000J249JC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users