Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Belkin Software Problems

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Peabrain6019

Peabrain6019

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 PM

Posted 03 May 2011 - 05:52 AM

Hi. For what it's worth, I have experienced exactly the same problem as described by kasmoooski - on two separate machines. One machine runs Vista, the other Windows 7 and both have completely different anti-virus tools. I noticed the problem started at around the time of the switch to British Summer Time - possibly a coincidence, but odd that it happened on both machines at about the same time. Prior to this happening, I had been running the Belkin backup utility (to a USB disk connected to the router) on one machine successfully enough - but no longer. I have disabled all Belkin services and no longer have these processes consuming all CPU but it's not very satisfactory that this software cannot be used any more.

Latest Belkin firmware and router monitor software downloaded and installed.

Has anyone else found a solution to getting this Belkin software working again?

Edited by hamluis, 05 May 2011 - 01:38 PM.
Split from different topic, PM sent new OP.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,586 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 PM

Posted 03 May 2011 - 06:44 AM

Peabrain - please start your own thread. It is considered poor forum etiquette to "hijack" someone else's thread.

#3 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2011 - 07:26 AM

Peabrain - please start your own thread.

That is frikkin hilarious on so many levels--be it meant factually, ironic, innocently....intended, unintended or otherwise.:P

#4 Peabrain6019

Peabrain6019
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2011 - 07:36 AM

Many apologies - I thought I was supplying supporting information for the original post. Apparently not.

#5 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,586 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2011 - 07:53 AM

Many apologies - I thought I was supplying supporting information for the original post. Apparently not.

Sorry, it sounded as though you were asking for a solution to your problem.

#6 Peabrain6019

Peabrain6019
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:30 AM

I am - but in the context of the original post: The original post describes a problem with 2 specific processes that are linked to Belink routers. The advice provided so far has been to stop the offending processes (which, as I have described, can be acheived by disabling the services) and this stops these looping processes - but that hasn't addressed either the root cause [why has this suddenly happened now?] or the real solution [how to run the Belkin software successfully]. I had hoped that by sharing that there are other folk out there with the same problem which started at about the same time but with different configurations (OS/Antivirus) this may trigger a response that would adequately address the original question - and help me in the process.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users