Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ms removal tool virus help needed

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 atsproperty

atsproperty

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 AM

Posted 04 May 2011 - 10:13 PM

Hi, new here... Thanks for the help in advance.
I was trying to watch a movie from 10starmovies.com last night
and ended up with a virus. its called ms removal tool.
found the guide from this site to remove it and am trying to make my way thru the list.

helpful insight.... im on a hp laptop (virus infected) I have a desktop to work with also (not infected)

I have started it in safemode with networking
went to IE and went to tools, internet options, connections, LAN settings and proxy server box was NOT checked.

Next I log on internet still in safemode and try to download rkill and the laptop shuts off. restart and it shuts off again and again.
charger is plugged in and showing full battery. shuts off in random times. Also have tried to run malewarebytes that I already have on laptop
and it shuts off again and again.

Anyone know what to do?

Edited by Orange Blossom, 04 May 2011 - 10:22 PM.
Moved to AII for initial assistance. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users