Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SRIGYH process

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ajg617

ajg617

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 PM

Posted 04 May 2011 - 08:42 PM

Has anyone heard of the SRIGYH process? Computer has been running very slow - particularly with keyboard and mouse interaction to the display which made me start looking. The process says it is disabled with no dependencies. It shows the location of me/local settings/Temp/srigyh.exe though I can't see it. I'm running XP SP3 with Symantec Endpoint Protection. I've run malwarebytes and that comes up clean. There are registry entries for SRIGYH. Googled it and can not come up with anything in any language I understand. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
AJG

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,404 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 PM

Posted 04 May 2011 - 09:06 PM

Hello, let's see if we can scan the SRIGYH file.

Please use Windows Search feature > More advanced options. To do this, go to Posted Image -> Search and click For Files or Folders... or just press the Windows key + F key on the keyboard.
  • Click All files and folders.
  • Type the name of the file under "Search by...criteria below...All or part of the file name"
  • Click More advanced options and check these options:
    • "Search system folders"
    • "Search hidden files and folders"
    • "Search subfolders"
  • Then click "Search" to look for the file.
-- Vista users can refer to Windows Vista - Using the Search Function or Understanding Instant Search
-- Windows 7 users can refer to How to Search in Windows 7

When they find the file, submit it to one of the following online services that analyzes suspicious files:In the "File to upload & scan" box, browse to the location of the suspicious file and submit (upload) it for scanning/analysis.
Thanks quietman7
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 ajg617

ajg617
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 PM

Posted 04 May 2011 - 09:58 PM

Nothing found on the search. Guess it's not there anymore. Have no idea what it was but don't know how to get rid of the service either.
Thanks boopme,

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,404 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 PM

Posted 04 May 2011 - 10:56 PM

Since it is a service we just cannot delete it as that could bork the PC. SAfer to post a DDS log and wait a coup;le days for its review and they will determine if it can go.

Please go here....
Preparation Guide ,do steps 6 - 9.

Create a DDS log and post it in the new topic explained in step 9,which is here Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs and not in this topic,thanks.
If Gmer won't run,skip it and move on.
Let me know if that went well.

EDIT: you're welcome!

Edited by boopme, 04 May 2011 - 10:57 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users