Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound Makes Funny Noises

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SteveG05

SteveG05

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 PM

Posted 02 January 2006 - 01:28 PM

When ever i play music my sound will crackle every once in a while. When i try to play some games the crackle will be constant. I put in a new sound card think that it was my onboard sound card causing the problem but it was not. I have all the volume controls set to 50% and it still does it. It does not matter what volume they are set at it still does it. If anyone knows what this could be please help me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 AM

Posted 02 January 2006 - 06:19 PM

So tell us something about the new sound card you put in and what speakers your are using.

Disconnect your current speakers and use headphones (as a test) does the crackle continue?

:thumbsup:

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#3 SteveG05

SteveG05
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 PM

Posted 03 January 2006 - 12:00 AM

yes it still makes the same sound with headphones. The card is just a soundblaster live 24 bit. But why should my new sound card be of any question when it did this with the old onbard sound card. Yes i have the newest drives. So i don't know what it could be. Hope you do.

#4 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 AM

Posted 03 January 2006 - 12:09 AM

I'm clutching at straws here -

1. Voice recognition software - is there any on your PC?

2. Double click the volume control in the taskbar, click on 'Properties' and display all possible volume controls.
Mute the inputs for 'line in', 'microphone' and 'aux' and any other inputs available. Does this make any difference?

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#5 ZENER

ZENER

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 AM

Posted 03 January 2006 - 01:04 AM

Most likely is your microphone....check that in hte volume properties, u uncheck the microphone box.
The Uprise of a new Technology is the contributing factor to the failure of many human brains.
In short ==== We are too reliant on Technology.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users