Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I'm Sure Glad There Is A Site Like This

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 vettman

vettman

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:53 AM

Posted 02 January 2006 - 01:03 PM

Thanks for helping me today to get rid of spyaxe on my son's new PC that he got for Christmas. My wife was up until 3am trying but failed. I was told about your site while talking to a friend this moring and WOW it's now gone and he's back up and running. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2006 - 01:13 PM

Be sure to take precautions so that it will not happen again. A resident Anti-virus, a firewall, and one or two good anti-spyware applications, along with some caution about when one surfs will keep your computer safe.
BC has some very good introductory Tutorials about computer security which are well worth reading!
Welcome to this great user community!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2006 - 06:22 PM

Hello vettman and welcome to BC. Glad to hear you had a positive experience here already. Hope to see you around in the forums.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#4 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2006 - 09:58 PM

:thumbsup: to BC! vettman.

Good Luck,
yano :flowers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic