Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

please please help Malware infection no System restore!!!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cacalyn

cacalyn

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 AM

Posted 04 May 2011 - 10:37 AM

As if things weren't frustrating enough, this is my second time writing this as i accidentally pressed something the last time and deleted it all!!!! :(

Anyways, Hello, I hope you can help me. I use Windows 7 and have Kaspersky anti-virus

I have been infected with malware, It all started last week when my internet explorer got a little slow - would crash when more than 2 tabs open. Then i started getting messages from Windows defender 2011, telling me i was infected. Kaspersky wasn't picking this up. I downloaded spybot search and destroy and this seemed to help for a short while. next thing i couldn't shut down the computer, it would get a blue screen and then restart. i tried to run rkill but it wouldn't let me and would just bluescreen. I also used malawarebtes and this helped. Next thing i got messages from Antivirus antispyware 2011. i tried to remove this manually by deleting it's files and it from the registry. that seemed to settle down again although i would still get bluescreen if i tried to restart or shutdown. Next, I started getting messages from Win 7 defender, Kaspersky seemed to pick this up and when i would start the computer it would say Threats detected, then the computer would bluescreen and restart. so i ran windows in safe mode, ran Kaspersky and disinfected all the files. Restarted in normal mode, win 7 defender was still there but at least the computer didn't keep restarting itself, the only thing was that now my pointer wouldn't work. Which makes things even more difficult as i am relying on keyboard and tab buttons.

It is a work computer and we do have some support for a certain programme that is run on it. So I rang them this morning. They were able to put rkill onto my machine remotely and this ran fine. Then i ran malawarebytes and this seemed to run fine until it needed to restart and i got a blue screen, ran rkill again, ran malawarebytes again, they both picked up way less files, restarted again (bluescreen). ran them both again they seemed clear, but still cannot move pointer and still cannot shutdown/restart without blue screen. Spoke again to the support people, they said try system restore, but this won't work, and then they said that was as much as they could do, go to www.malawarehelp.org

so i went to their website http://www.malwarehelp.org/win-7-security-removal-2010.html
i followed their instructions:
i ran rkill first - that stopped one process
i then ran trojan_fakerean_exe_fix.reg that seemed fine
i then ran malawarebytes, that found one thing, it wanted to restart, it was a bluescreen
i then went into system properties and system protection, i got the following message:

there was an unexpected error in the property page.
System restore encountered an error. PLease try to run System Restore again (0x81000203)
PLease close the property page and try again

i then ran Ccleaner, which seemed to run ok

i then restarted, it bluescreened and this is the message after startup
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: a0
BCP1: 00000001
BCP2: 00000006
BCP3: 8812D5E8
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\050411-30466-01.dmp
C:\Users\Robovet\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-66799-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Please please help me with this. I'm at my wits end, I'm just going around in circles. I can't run a scan with Kaspersky anymore because I can't move the pointer ( i really think not being able to move the pointer is the worst thing possible!!!!) What kinds of people create these things!! Sorry for ranting!!!!! and al the exclamation marks. Let me know what other information you need.

Thanks in advance!!

Carolyn

Edited by cacalyn, 04 May 2011 - 10:43 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cacalyn

cacalyn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 AM

Posted 04 May 2011 - 10:43 AM

Actually have just managed to start a scan on KAspersky, will let you know what that says

Ah it just bluescreened in the middle of it!

Edited by cacalyn, 04 May 2011 - 10:49 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users