Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Antivirus, Internet & Windows Update & Aero disabled

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Toonlad

Toonlad

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 PM

Posted 04 May 2011 - 04:12 AM

Hello,
I'm wondering if you can help me. I've managed to get something on my computer late on Monday night.
At first I managed to remove it (or at least part of it) using malwarebytes and then a scan with a couple of different AVs (enabled at different times so as not to conflict) yielded nothing and my computer returned to normal for a few hours until around midday yesterday.
However whatever it is came back with a vengeance and has now disabled (when Windows is running normally) my internet connection, any anti-virus or malware software that I have and Windows Update & the Windows Aero theme.
I'm currently on OS Windows Vista Home Premium and have the computer in safe mode. I've checked through the startup programs to no avail and running any anti-virus/malware programs has come up with nothing. I've also had a look with Autoruns in the registry and nothing sinister seems to have appeared, but obviously it is still out there somewhere seizing up my computer.
I'm at my wits ends as I have final year university deadlines for Friday and a volume license on the computer that my uncle (who lives abroad) gave me of Visual Studio 2010 premium edition that is the reason stopping me from doing a reformat really as without obtaining his official Microsoft disc from him, I'd have to pay upwards of £1700 to replace it and since I'm doing a Music Technology course, the software isn't available to me from the university. Hopefully my lecturers will be understanding and grant an extension, as I realise this may take longer than by Friday to fix!
Any help would be much appreciated and gladly received!
Thanks in advance,
Simon.

Edited by Toonlad, 04 May 2011 - 04:34 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users