Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help!!! Windows XP security 2011 virus

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 wigannwuk

wigannwuk

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 PM

Posted 04 May 2011 - 03:32 AM

My laptop contracted this virus last night - blocking everything originally...my antivirus (panda Endpoint) has disappeared....i eventually used RKill ( using memory stick) to get Malwarebytes going - which came up with 5 infections. I ran again - it showed no infections.
I then ran F Scanner online and then ESET online scanner....( f Scanner didnt find anything and ESet found one) but im still getting symptoms ..ie my antivirus is unaccessible and i have the security warning icon in the bottom right hand corner.

Ive followed th to do list i.e Defogger -

DDS tool - but when i run it notepad pops up with gibberish on it

Gmer - i downloaded but it say file corrupted and wont unzip-(Edit) got it working but wont let me attach..should i copy and paste???!!

im really stuck and need help....any help would be much appreciated

Edited by wigannwuk, 04 May 2011 - 09:31 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,204 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 PM

Posted 06 May 2011 - 05:38 AM

Because you also posted here and received help, I will close this topic.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users