Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Suggestions for new speakers

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 trashcan7

trashcan7

• Members
  • 402 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 AM

Posted 04 May 2011 - 01:15 AM

It's time for me to get new speakers.

I wouldn't consider myself an audiophile, I don't watch movies on max volume listening for the rumble of explosions, and I don't need insane bass. I do listen to a lot of music, mostly classical, as well as some rock and such, so I do want decent quality speakers.

I've been using my current speakers, Logitech SoundMan G1, for so long, but recently, they've started to become distorted. I tried out my brother's Logitech S-150, but the sound quality from these is noticeably worse than what the SoundMan G1 used to be.

So, I'm looking for speakers that are decently good sound quality, but much better than just $20 speakers for the average user.
Also, a plus would be small size/portability, since I'm heading off to college next year. However, this isn't too big of a deal if it isn't possible.

If I have to, I'll invest a little bit more in these speakers, since they'll be lasting me a long time. If you think it's worth it, I'd be willing to pay as high as Bose Companion 2 Multimedia Speaker System, though this is definitely the upper limit of my budget.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users