Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Start button opens and closes immediately

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 trussville

trussville

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 PM

Posted 03 May 2011 - 09:00 PM

I'm having a problem with my computer that I just can't seem to solve. I first noticed while online I am having trouble typing in the address bar. When I attempt to type the text will highlight or delete itself. For example it I type www. It will highlight or just show ".w". Also the screen has a steady flicker. Typing in search boxes for yahoo or Google seems to work fine. I have also noticed that when I click on the start menu that it will not stay on. I comes on for a split second then closes. It gives me almost no time to open programs or anything else. Most drop down menus do the same. Another thing, anything highlighted in any program has a steady flicker.
What I done so far is to scan for a virus or malware with Spybot, Malwarebyte, Ad-Aware and AVG and so far everything is fine. . I'm running Win XP SP3 Intel CPU, 1.60 GHz, 1.00 GB of RAM.
Any help with this problem will be greatly appreciated.. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 AM

Posted 03 May 2011 - 09:28 PM

Welcome trussville -

This sounds more like a video card problem than an infection -
Please perform the following, so that we can get the exact specs of your computer. This will better assist us in helping you more.

Publish a Snapshot using Speccy

This will also show your video as well as RAM etc.

Thank You -

#3 trussville

trussville
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 PM

Posted 03 May 2011 - 10:29 PM

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/SD4BsDDjQNS8Vsy4x4I4IHN

Thanks in advance for your review.

0 user(s) are reading this topic