Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help, hotmail, msn, facebook all compromised

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Omar Yehia

Omar Yehia

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 PM

Posted 03 May 2011 - 08:37 PM

Hi,
For the past week i have been fighting with someone from France who is taking over all my accounts including Facebook, Hotmail and MSN, i have attached tcpview.txt hope we can stop him
Regards,

Attached Files

Edited by Omar Yehia, 03 May 2011 - 08:41 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,504 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2011 - 01:54 PM

Nothing wrong in the attached info. Can you provide more details as to what has been going on?

#3 Omar Yehia

Omar Yehia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2011 - 02:07 PM

Well it all started when i was on MSN late last year. My friend wanted to try her new webcam, she asked me if i wanted to webcam with her, i said sure knowning it was her. Unfortunately all i got was a fake video, and then suddenly i get a french person telling me "Hello you just got hacked". I tried to delete him from MSN but he came back. My facebook account got compromised by another account instead of e-mail so i cannot reset the password. And of course i lost my hotmail. So the only thing left was to chat with the guy and finds out what he wants. I was very calm and he told me that he could destroy my computer wanna see that. I told him how is that going to help, few days later, he decided to let me go...

On sunday, i was at the beach, yes it was sunny here in Montreal, i get back home all exhausted and while i was on facebook i get the message to login. So i logged in and it says your password has been changed at 8:00 PM. I quickly try to reset my password multiple times and i lock my account. Then my friend sends me a text message that someone just put up a link to a site claims it is a model agency but it's a fake URL. The agency will pay 500$ for models, apparently a lof of people got interested.

Anyhow, i manage to reach the limit of password resets and therefore i locked access to the account for 24 hours, the next day at 8:00 pm a new password was sent via hotmail (i was able to restore hotmail via SMS or trusted computer)

So now i have MSN and hotmail early in the morning but no facebook, he changed the e-mail associated to voila.fr instead of hotmail, so there is not even an account associated.

One other thing, no matter how complex the password i change to, he always seems to be able to change it, like he left some kind of keylogger on my system to sends him all the information. I do notice my computer getting a lot of activity when it is idle, and also a spike in my internet upload so i know he is downloading stuff from it but for what purpose. Mind you i am not the first person he has attacked, there are various people on facebook from Montreal he has attacked which remains nameless and one person even got a beating thinking it was him soliciting the girls for the modeling agency but it was actually someone else using his account. So i definitely could use some expertise to stop him from hacking me or hacking any of my friends,

Regards,

Edited by Omar Yehia, 04 May 2011 - 02:11 PM.

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,504 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2011 - 08:48 AM

Have you scanned your computer using any av engines? One that I suggest are:

http://www.eset.com/us/online-scanner

#5 Omar Yehia

Omar Yehia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2011 - 09:33 AM

I am currently at work, but will do so later today do give you the results, hope i can find the keylogger or whatever he is using

Regards,

#6 Omar Yehia

Omar Yehia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2011 - 09:01 PM

I ran it and did not find anything suspicious, any other ideas?

Thanks,

#7 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,504 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2011 - 03:26 PM

If you are really concerned that you are hacked, and with the problems that you are having, my strongest suggestion is to reinstall your operating system, change your password on your router, and change all your email and social account's passwords.

#8 Omar Yehia

Omar Yehia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2011 - 05:39 PM

Yeah i was thinking about that, but was hoping not to format, unless there is no other choice, the good news i got response from facebook asking me to provide proof with a government issued picture that they could validate my account, once i get it back, you can probably close this thread, since i will have everything back...

Regards,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users