Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to Delete a Listed Operating System at Boot in Windows 7

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 matthewolavydez

matthewolavydez

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 AM

Posted 03 May 2011 - 06:49 PM

i have windows 7 ultimate before and it goes to slow and i decided to reformat my pc,Now I use home premium. Every time I boot there a list that I have to choose.. When I choose the other windows 7, I'm shocked that I still have windows 7 ultimate.. I think it serves as the dual boot..I mean dual os.. I can run home premium, and also i can run ultimate.. Now I want to get rid of windows 7 ultimate, which is my first os... I know how to delete, but I'm not sure if it will give any problems...I type msconfig I see the boot list try to delete since I don't know what will happen, I'm not trying it ... I want to ask here first.. I hope you can help me...

By the way, I'm trying to reformat again, and I want to remove my previous os, which is windows 7 home premium if ever I do reformat..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Train2104

Train2104

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 PM

Posted 03 May 2011 - 07:07 PM

Do you have hard drive partitions? 2 versions of Windows can't coexist on the same partition. You probably formatted the wrong one. MSConfig won't delete an operating system, you'll have to format the partition on which the operating system is installed.

I'm not familiar with boot-loaders, someone else can help you with that.

#3 matthewolavydez

matthewolavydez
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2011 - 07:20 PM

Do you have hard drive partitions? 2 versions of Windows can't coexist on the same partition. You probably formatted the wrong one. MSConfig won't delete an operating system, you'll have to format the partition on which the operating system is installed.

I'm not familiar with boot-loaders, someone else can help you with that.

yeah i think.. i installed ultimate in c and home in d

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,614 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2011 - 07:16 AM

The easiest way is with easybcd: http://neosmart.net/dl.php?id=1

#5 matthewolavydez

matthewolavydez
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2011 - 08:27 AM

The easiest way is with easybcd: http://neosmart.net/dl.php?id=1

how will i use this properly? i hope it wont conflict in my os .. my os is located in D.

#6 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,614 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2011 - 08:30 AM

EXACTLY what do you want to do? Your first post is unclear.

Do you want to remove the entry from the boot loader? Do you want to uninstall one or the other OS? Do you want to delete (format) everything and start from scratch? Please be clear. Thank you.

#7 matthewolavydez

matthewolavydez
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2011 - 01:15 PM

EXACTLY what do you want to do? Your first post is unclear.

Do you want to remove the entry from the boot loader? Do you want to uninstall one or the other OS? Do you want to delete (format) everything and start from scratch? Please be clear. Thank you.

ok im sorry if its not clear. sorry im not good in english..

1st i want to remove the os from entry... uninstall also the os the previous so i can save space on C drive which it is located.. and 3rd im planning out to remove my current os which is home premium and install again so it can be fast again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users