Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hijack help

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 robotech

robotech

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 PM

Posted 03 May 2011 - 02:58 PM

Hi,
I have removed some hijacks before using info found here. Now I am 10 hours away from the infected PC and am having a bit of trouble. It is running Vista basic. Here is the problem as I understand it.

PC locks up with blackscreen and mouse cursor inop. When trying to open windows update it clicks out to any other program. Trying to go directly to windows update by IE gives a page directing you to do it through the start button.(this happens in safe mode also).

Malwarebytes showed no infections. ESET shows no infection. TDSSkiller showed no infections.

Getting combofix or other diagnosis will be very difficult due to user skill level.

Any simple suggestions will be appreciated. Otherwise I have availability of the exact same PC (bought at the same time)and plan to remove infected HDD and have it shipped to me for cleaning. Thanks.

Edited by Orange Blossom, 04 May 2011 - 12:42 AM.
Moved to AII for initial assistance. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users