Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Repair Install on Second volume?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 byolaf

byolaf

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 AM

Posted 03 May 2011 - 10:27 AM

Hi, I'm in Hell!

I've recently built a new Windows 7 box, not my first computer built, but the first in a few years. Every step of the way has been problematic, and now that I finally had all the hardware issues sorted, I of course had major problems with Windows 7!

When I started up the system, I just got a black screen with a blinking cursor immediately after the bios screens. No ability to boot into windows at all. The Repair tools from the Win7 DVD said Everything's fine. I went through a dozen options in the console and finally broke my mirrored drive up and installed windows again on one of the drives. I still have the second drive, which should have my original install and all my data but won't boot on it's own. So I want to boot into the New Win7, and Repair the other Win7. When I start the DVD, it just goes straight to installing a repair onto the new install. Can you help me?

-Olaf

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users