Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Faulty Hard Drive

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 luckyyorkie2001

luckyyorkie2001

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 PM

Posted 03 May 2011 - 09:33 AM

Hi, i'm hoping some one can help me, i've got a hard drive which is a IBM Deskstar model IC35L060AVVA07-0, RPM: 7200RPM, which I used to use as a slave drive and stored all my stuff on, but it now won't let me in and there is like an alarm goes off when ever the pc is turned on whilst this hard drive is attched to the pc, is it possible to find away of retrieving the data on it as some of it is irreplacable hope you can help thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperdog

caperdog

• BC Advisor
  • 954 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 PM

Posted 04 May 2011 - 09:16 AM

first ensure the jumpers are correct for slave/master and there are no loose connections.

diagnostic software for your drive (Drive Fitness Test) http://www.hgst.com/support/downloads/

if drive spins up but is not recognized it may be possible to replace the logic board from another exact drive if you can find a used one.

if drive does not spin up you will need professional data recovery to get irreplaceable data.

#3 luckyyorkie2001

luckyyorkie2001
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 PM

Posted 04 May 2011 - 01:37 PM

Hi Distinguished Member Thank you for your reply to my enquiry, i'll pas the info on to my other half who does my pc repairs and hopefully we'll get it sorted out again. Take care & thanks again

#4 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,541 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 AM

Posted 04 May 2011 - 04:26 PM

You mentioned that its "like an alarm goes off" when the drive is connected.
Can you explain that a bit more?
What does it sound like/what happens?

Also, what version of Windows are you running?
In the beginning there was the command line.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users