Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Dell Latitude Constantly loses and regains internet.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bcarbo

bcarbo

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 AM

Posted 03 May 2011 - 07:30 AM

I saw a few other similar posts but nothing seemed resolved or exactly what I am going through so I figured I would start a new post. I have a brand new Dell Latitude E6510 with Windows 7. It has an intel i7 processor. This computer is great except for one thing. It has wireless connectivity issues. At home it will connect to our wireless internet no problem, but every half hour or hour (it varies a lot sometimes it works 5 minutes sometimes hours) it will drop the internet connection and then won't reconnect until I move the computer. Sometimes I move the computer an inch and sometimes I have to walk across the room to get it to work. We have 3 other laptops and a desktop in my apartment and no others have this problem so it cannot be a router/ISP problem.

Additionally, when I am out and about, the computer is very finicky about connecting to public wifi (e.g. in starbucks, on my university campus, etc.) and if I am able to get it to connect the same problem happens with even greater frequency. I look like an idiot constantly waving my computer around to restore connection! This indicates to me that it is some sort of software/hardware problem with the Dell. I have talked to a few others who have new Dells and they have indicated that their comps do this as well although not as badly as mine. On other forums I ran across people talking about a windows wifi driver/program conflicting with the dell one. Not sure what to make of it though. This problem is more annoying than anything as I can still use internet most of the time.

Help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Man_1n_Black

Man_1n_Black

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 PM

Posted 05 May 2011 - 04:10 AM

Personally i would uninstall everything that dell puts on there, and then see if it works on the windows driver, but others may have better ideas . . .

Regards,
Phil
Linux user     |     #564977

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users