Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unwanted Adware/spyware

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mmontalvo

mmontalvo

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 AM

Posted 02 January 2006 - 09:26 AM

I keep getting pop-ups without even being on the internet. How do I fix this? Also this new adware/spyware keeps poping up on my computer and I never installed it. How do I get rid of this? I have Macafee antivirus and firewall on why does this not stop the pop-ups? Please help!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 AM

Posted 02 January 2006 - 09:59 AM

Niether your AV nor your firewall was designed to handle spyware. For this, you need to download and install several (free) applications that treat sypware much like your AV treats trojans and viruses. Two very good applications are Ad-AwareSE and Spybot Search and Destroy.

I suggest you read this Tutorial, which explains spyware and contains links to both these applications:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/understanding-spyware-browser-hijackers-and-dialers/

Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users