Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help If You Can?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pictureCD37

pictureCD37

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 AM

Posted 02 January 2006 - 09:24 AM

I unloaded all the pics off a CD into my documents so i could get rid of some i know longer wanted and then made a new copy. I clicked on each one seperately to toss them into the recycle bin and then deleted them from there and threw away the older version of the CD. About a week later, i broke the new CD! Since it had only been a week, trash hadnt gone out yet so i found the original in there only with some kind of blister kind of thing on it. Neither open to show any files on them when i put them in the drive.
Is there any hope? Pictures of my 5 year old when he was a baby, my first cruise, etc............ :thumbsup: :flowers: :trumpet:

(Moderator edit: removed duplicate post and moved remaining post to a more appropriate forum. jgweed)

Edited by jgweed, 02 January 2006 - 10:21 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 welco

welco

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 AM

Posted 03 January 2006 - 06:25 PM

Thankfully I believe there is hope for you. Since you did say you put them in the recycle bin and deleted them I'm confident we can restore them. You will need to use some type of data recovery program I recommend Recover My Files, it's not free, but, I know that it works and does a nice job. Somebody I know recovered some photos off of a hard drive after it had been reformatted. You might be able to find some free data recovery program and see if that does the trick before spending your money on recover my files. Good luck, I hope this works.

EDIT: Here's a very good free one. http://tokiwa.tomato.ne.jp/EN/dr.html

Edited by welco, 03 January 2006 - 09:03 PM.

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Venice
1GB GeIL Value Memory Looking for something better...
EPoX EP-9NPAJ
Hitachi 7K80
Jaton 6600GT
400W HiPRO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users