Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Feeds Synchronization has encountered a problem and needs to close?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jondan7

jondan7

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 AM

Posted 02 May 2011 - 04:22 PM

Microsoft Feeds Synchronization has encountered a problem and needs to close?

Applies To: Windows | Windows XP Pro| System Repair and Recovery

I lost the ability to play videos and DVDs. I ran a sfc /scannow, and was asked to put my XP PRO reinstallation utility disk in, so I did and ran a repair on what it indicated [98 missing or corrupt .dll files] and when it finished was told "This copy of Windows needs to be activated" and then a "Yes or No" set of buttons. Now, that's the first problem as my computer used to be a Vista installed Dell until last year I purchased a used XP PRO SP3 disk on ebay, formatted my hard drive to eliminate Vista altogether, and then did the install of XP PRO SP3 and at that time after the install was complete was able to do the remaining updates and was not asked ever for an "Activation" and/or a Product Key. I don't have one, my Dell came Vista.

Now it gets worse as this is the second and even more serious problem, if I were to press "No" on the "Activate Windows Now" window, it just logs you off. If I press "Yes" on the "Activate Windows Now", nothing happens for 30 to 40 seconds and then I get the window stating "Micorsoft Feeds Synchronization has encountered a problem and needs to close". I only have a desktop image of 'Bliss'. I do not have a task bar or start button or start menu or any ability to do anything in or with Windows because it's not running and won't start, and won't start in Safe Mode either beacause "Windows needs to be activated to start in safe mode". I can only get to a C:\. I don't know any commands to move forward with just a command line?

1 Person had
this question jondan7

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 AM

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:41 PM

<<...and when it finished was told "This copy of Windows needs to be activated...>>

That's normal procedures, in my experience.

<<...was not asked ever for an "Activation" and/or a Product Key...>>

Not sure what you interpret that first message as, if you make that interpretation.

In any case...any valid/legal install of Windows...calls for both a valid, unused product key...and product activation.

Sounds to me as if you are not entitled to install XP on that system.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users