Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malware claiming W32.Blaster.worm

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 qfwfq

qfwfq

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 AM

Posted 02 May 2011 - 02:50 PM

Hi all.

I'm a new member, and I registered because my laptop is at the complete mercy of this malware. I'm not exactly a computer savvy person, but I have tried browsing for solutions which have proved ineffective. I cannot get rid of it, and I need some help.

Here is a description of it and what I've tried to do:

• The malware, masquerading under the name of "Sdefender" with a windows shield icon in my taskbar, claims all my programs are infected with a W32/Blaster.Worm. I read that such a worm was patched in 2003 and so this is false.
  • It blocks access to virtually all my programs from opening.
  • I have tried running Malwarebytes in safe mode, but it interupts it halfway through and shuts down my computer.
  • I have tried running a removal program named "Blastfix.exe" (Norton/Symantec) in safe mode, but it also interupts it and shuts down my computer.
  • I have tried running rkill in safe mode, but it does not find anything.
  • Sometimes it shuts down my computer WHILE I'm trying to BOOT safe mode.

I am running windows Vista. Have you guys dealt with this before? Any advice or information would be helpful. I'm using a school computer atm.

(hoping this is the right subforum)

Edited by qfwfq, 02 May 2011 - 04:36 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users