I'm a new member, and I registered because my laptop is at the complete mercy of this malware. I'm not exactly a computer savvy person, but I have tried browsing for solutions which have proved ineffective. I cannot get rid of it, and I need some help.
Here is a description of it and what I've tried to do:
- The malware, masquerading under the name of "Sdefender" with a windows shield icon in my taskbar, claims all my programs are infected with a W32/Blaster.Worm. I read that such a worm was patched in 2003 and so this is false.
- It blocks access to virtually all my programs from opening.
- I have tried running Malwarebytes in safe mode, but it interupts it halfway through and shuts down my computer.
- I have tried running a removal program named "Blastfix.exe" (Norton/Symantec) in safe mode, but it also interupts it and shuts down my computer.
- I have tried running rkill in safe mode, but it does not find anything.
- Sometimes it shuts down my computer WHILE I'm trying to BOOT safe mode.
I am running windows Vista. Have you guys dealt with this before? Any advice or information would be helpful. I'm using a school computer atm.
(hoping this is the right subforum)
Edited by qfwfq, 02 May 2011 - 04:36 PM.