Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

XP Virus - issues causing google links redirect, random music playing, script errors for unfamiliar websites

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 kann

kann

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 PM

Posted 02 May 2011 - 11:43 AM

Hi - I apologize if I have done this wrongly, but I have posted my details here:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic394474.html/page__p__2226492__fromsearch__1#entry2226492
following one set of instructions I saw on the forum, but having read some other instructions, perhaps I should have posted here first?

Please be gentle as I thought I was doing the right thing when I posted this three days ago.

My Windows XP system has hit problems with google links redirecting, random music playing, script errors for unfamiliar websites appearing when no browser window is open.

I have run Microsoft Security Essentials, Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware from safe mode which has got rid of the fake spyware ads appearing, but the above symptoms are left in place.

The other problem is that my desktop is completely blank - and mouse right-clicks have no effect there. The usual files and shortcuts are there in Windows Explorer but do not appear on the desktop.

My log details from following the log advice on the forum is in the link above.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users