Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Various Issues - Trojan? Weird people chatting / music on my laptop

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Red2Black88

Red2Black88

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 PM

Posted 02 May 2011 - 09:34 AM

OPERATING SYSTEM:
WINDOWS XP Home Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 2
Using Browser Firefox 3.6.15

Hi Guys,

I've been experiencing some really worrying and weird things ~

Summary of issue:

• Peoples voices, music and windows mouse click noises can be heard.
  • Computer freezes or loses memory.
  • Computer resets.
  • Browser opens up ad sites in new tab
  • Get a lot of 'stop script' pop ups.
  • Receive frequent 'referenced memory' errors.
  • Receive popup: NMIndexStoreSvr.exe has encountered a problem error.
History of the problem:

Whilst online and surfing I have noticed that my laptop goes quite slow - CPU usage increases and then all of a sudden I'll hear random music playing, or voices even though there are no programs or browsers open that seem to be the culprit.
Have I been hijacked? tI don't know what it is but .. audibly.. it's like someone has taken over my PC.I can hear their actions.

This is a nuissance as I have payments to make online and don't trust using this computer.

I frequently hear mouse on click events (like windows being opened) while I'm inactive and reading a site etc.

I updated AVG and ran a scan. It found a trojan of sorts. There was no room left in the virus vault so I selected the option to delete the infected files entirely.
(As well as this it found lots of ad tracking cookies - these got deleted)

Since this, I have had a lot of issues on startup...

My laptop crashed on the welcome screen and restarted itself several times. (It went blue and had some writing on before resetting) - I had to take a vid with my mobile phone to catch the text as puase screen would not work)

It mentioned to go through safe mode or the recovery console etc. I ran chkdsk / r... I went through safe mode - but it would not load to any startup screen.

ok not sure what to do...at (normal) startup now I get pop up messages like:

the instruction at "0x010017f1" refererenced memory at "0x1000003c". The memory could not be "read"

& other times:
the instruction at "0x60063dasf" refererenced memory at "0x1000500". The memory could not be "written"
the instruction at "0x7c921260" refererenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "written"

After clicking ok - debug or whatever other option was left - the computer would generally freeze or revert to the bluescreen message before resetting itself.
I also get another popup window on startup now saying:

NMIndexStoreSvr.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.

or

Generic Host Process of Win32 Services has encountered a problem and needs to clode. \we are sorry for the inconvenience.

----> I clicked show errors for this exact issue which gave me the following error signature:

Error Signature:

szAppName:svhost.exe svAppVer5.1.2600.2180 szModeName:ntfll.dll svMdVer5.1.2600.2180 offset 00021260
Error reports contents
..LOCALS~1/Temp/WERbde3.diroo/svhost.exe.mdmp
..LOCALS~1/Temp/WERbde3.diroo/appcompat.txt

I am now running SUPERantispyware (the paid version) and so far it has pulled out 26 Adware Tracking Cookies but not a lot else. These have been quarantined.

The Latest:

I hate to admit it but I'm at a total loss as what to do here - The computer still crashes and opens up a new (ad track) site when opening or reloading windows. There is a huge loss of memory - the screen freezes or acts as if its inoperable (can't open anything but can move mouse - or - desktop icons disappear entirely) What do you think it is and what shall I do? How can I be sure that I can make safe transactions using my computer?

I hope that you can help me with this issue

Regards

Red2Black

Edited by Red2Black88, 02 May 2011 - 12:55 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users