Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cannot display page

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 gunner 1

gunner 1

• Members
  • 151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 PM

Posted 02 May 2011 - 09:28 AM

Hello All,
This is my first ever post, so i hope i am in the right place. I run win XP Pro, IE8,when i type in a site name in IE it opens up then i get a message... Internet Explorer cannot display the web page...even though the page is open and displayed, have i got a virus or are my settings muddled up. also i have started getting a box with this in... internet explorer script error...line 47...char 23...error object expected...code 0...url hxp://www.firetrust.com/sites/default/themes/firetrust.com/banners html..... any help will be much appreciated, thanks in advance, and hoping i have sent this to the proper place.----------Regards gunner 1

Edited by Orange Blossom, 04 May 2011 - 12:53 AM.
Deactivated link. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,696 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 PM

Posted 02 May 2011 - 10:55 AM

Have you tried different browser?

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 gunner 1

gunner 1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 151 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2011 - 12:46 PM

hello,
Yes i tried firefox and chrome, still got the same message,

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,696 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2011 - 01:03 PM

Is this just for some particular web page, or all of them?
Are you posting from a different computer?

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#5 gunner 1

gunner 1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 151 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2011 - 01:45 PM

hi
posting from same computer, no not all sites, it seems to be random to me, this afternoon it wouldnt let me into this site. i had to try quite a few times. more than one uses it so i wonder if something has been added or unchecked, i did a few things myself, which isnt wise when you dont know what your doing. thanks gunner1

#6 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,696 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2011 - 02:28 PM

Any pattern to those sites?

Close IE.
Go Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools, and click on Internet Explorer (no add-ons). Same problem?

My Website

p4433470.gif

#7 gunner 1

gunner 1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 151 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2011 - 03:39 PM

Yes same problem if i type malwarebytes and try and open it. i get the message, and it wont open. could it be a virus

#8 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,696 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2011 - 03:48 PM

Could be....

With the information you have provided I believe you will need help from the malware removal team. I would like you to start a new thread and post a DDS log HERE and include a link to this thread. Please make sure that you read the information about getting started before you start your thread.

It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient. Help is on the way!

My Website

p4433470.gif

#9 gunner 1

gunner 1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 151 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2011 - 03:59 PM

thank you, i'l have a go at doing one. thank you for the help

#10 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,696 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2011 - 04:06 PM

You're very welcome Posted Image

My Website

p4433470.gif

#11 gunner 1

gunner 1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 151 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2011 - 08:49 AM

hello Broni,
sent a dds or i hope i have, can you tell me where to look to see if the post has arrived, i cant find it anywhere, thanks gunner 1

#12 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,723 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 PM

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:08 AM

Malware Log forum topic at http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic395182.html/page__p__2231636#entry2231636 .

Now that your log is properly posted, you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a Malware Removal Team member, nor should you continue to ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show it the logs you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

From this point on, the Malware Removal Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the Malware Removal Team members are very busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the Malware Removal Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another Malware Removal Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users