Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cij.exe? Please Help!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dillinger916

dillinger916

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 AM

Posted 02 May 2011 - 01:59 AM

Hello. On the 29th I got a Firefox pop up saying they recommended upgrading my Firefox. Will this apparently came from a virus and as soon as I clicked it my computer got all screwed up, kept getting popups from "Vista Total Security" and I couldn't use my browsers. Also couldn't run any virus scanners. Talked to a friend and she told me to restore my computer, well I tried and that wouldn't work either, when I'd try I'd just get an error message. Long story short I ended up finding out the problem was a program called cij.exe, which was hidden but I ended up changing my computer settings to show it, and I ended the process that was running and deleted the program. When I restarted no program would work, though at least the virus seemed gone lol. Anything I tried to open it would just say please pick a program to open this with or something along those lines. My friend told me I could hold F8 on the startup screen when my computer starts up and maybe I could find something that'd help in there. There was an option to "Repair My Computer" or something like that and I chose that and I ended up being able to restore my computer that way, so I did, and it helped, the virus seemed gone and I was able to use my computer normally. Well now (well actually about a half an hour ago), the virus came back, and I got the pop ups again and couldn't use my browser etc etc so apparently the virus is still on my computer. The pop up telling me I should upgrade my Firefox actually came last night but I just shut down my computer and went to sleep and everything seemed fine when I woke up until I got all the pop ups again. So I just restored my computer from a previous time or whatever and it's working again but I'm sure not for long. If anyone could PLEASE help me I'd appreciate it. Also, between it first happened and this last time I ran two virus scans, the first scan found some things that I got rid of and the second one came back clean, and that was earlier today, just a few hours before the pop ups came back... Help!!! Sorry for the "ramble" and thanks if you actually read all of this and a special thanks if you can help me!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,987 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 PM

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:58 AM

Hello,

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<==. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include a description of your computer issues and what you have done to resolve them.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

Orange Blossom :cherry:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users