Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista machine unable to access Internet / Windows update after Malware removal

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 adamjs

adamjs

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 PM

Posted 01 May 2011 - 09:35 PM

Hello,

A friend of a friends mom heard that I was a computer guy so her laptop got handed off to me to fix. I received no information as to what the problem was or when it started giving them trouble, they just said its slow and they cant get online. I removed quite a bit of malware and a rootkit and I thought my troubles were over. I was able to get online with IE8 (Not Chrome or Firefox though) that day and do a Windows update, but I havent been able to get back online since. I've re-ran SAS, ComboFix and TDSS and none of them come up with anything. I've checked to see if its using a proxy but I didn't see any.

Windows Vista
Has valid IP address (wired and wireless)
Able to ping sites like google.com and get a response
Same results when booting into safemode with networking

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Adam

Edited by adamjs, 01 May 2011 - 09:37 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 PM

Posted 01 May 2011 - 11:13 PM

With the information you have provided I believe you will need help from the malware removal team. I would like you to start a new thread and post a DDS log HERE and include a link to this thread. Please make sure that you read the information about getting started before you start your thread.

It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient. Help is on the way!

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users