Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem with Aopen DVDRW

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 markgui

markgui

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 AM

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:09 PM

I am looking for a driver for an Aopen DSW2012PA-26 (model number) optical drive. I have visited the usa.aopen site and could find no driver there. Is there any other way to find a driver for this? It is about 4 years old or more and I can't seem to find one from a trustworthy site. I am running xp pro sp3.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 AM

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:19 PM

I am looking for a driver for an Aopen DSW2012PA-26 (model number) optical drive. I have visited the usa.aopen site and could find no driver there. Is there any other way to find a driver for this? It is about 4 years old or more and I can't seem to find one from a trustworthy site. I am running xp pro sp3.

most if not all drives don't need a special driver to work in windows,when installed windows will use a generic type driver

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#3 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 AM

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:29 PM

Pretty much as Caperjac stated.

I know of no internal optical drives that require a special driver. As with hard drives, the driver is pretty much generic and native to Windows.

Just what is happening that you feel you need a driver?

#4 markgui

markgui
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2011 - 06:03 PM

I'm having problems installing a few different games which had errors loading. I didn't really think it was the optical drive to blame but just wanted to rule it out. I recently reformatted and wanted to make sure everything was up to date.

#5 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2011 - 06:09 PM

Unlikely due to lack of drivers for the optical drive. It would seem the game disk(s) were being read so the optical drive is working.

The errors could be related to anything from a dirty\scratched disk to unknown reasons relating to problems with the game(s) depending at which point they happened.
During the install. When first starting the game. During game play.

After the reformat did you get all the needed device drivers for your machine?
Did you visit Windows updates to be sure your system is fully patched?
Have you checked the Game(s) support site for possible updates\patches for them.

Edited by ThunderZ, 01 May 2011 - 06:09 PM.

#6 markgui

markgui
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2011 - 11:30 PM

yes to all except the latter one. I was unable to install the games in question so i assumed downloading a patch before installing the game would not work, but if it will work I can try that.

#7 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2011 - 11:35 PM

Your right.
A patch without a game is of no use.

Have seen a similar problem with some older games when they were installed to XP w\SP3 after running fine on XP SP2.

Unfortunately this probably come`s down to a problem that the game writers will have to fix..
My suggestion would be to either visit the help site for the particular game or search the error message on Google.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users