Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot run Chkdsk no matter what I try

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Lee3250

Lee3250

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 AM

Posted 01 May 2011 - 02:14 PM

Hello, I am hoping you can help me. I have a Compaq laptop with Vista Home 32 bit running on it. Within the past week I have received 2 viruses, Windows Restore and Vista Manager. I have followed all the directions on your site and have run the following programs: Malware, Spybot Search & Destroy, Super Anti Spyware, CC Cleaner, and Ad Aware. Here are my issues now after all of the cleaning:

When I try to run Combofix I get a popup that my disk has errors and to run chkdsk. I have done a quick scan through the DOS promp and there are corrupt files so it doesnt finish completely. I have also tried to force it to fun upon reboot into Safe Mode but it does not scan, just boots up to safe mode. I have gone into disk properties and checked the boxes to run chkdsk upon reboot and then gone into the msconfig boot area and checked the box for Safeboot which has worked in the past but this time nothing, just boots into safe mode.

I have never had problems with chkdsk before and run it faithfully to keep my computer functioning. Any ideas? I would love to fix all the errors through chkdsk.

Leigh Anne

Edited by hamluis, 07 May 2011 - 08:30 AM.
Moved from Vista to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_RadioNorthsea_*

Guest_RadioNorthsea_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 01 May 2011 - 02:30 PM

Maybe is it smart if you run an online scan.
Sometimes find an online Virus scan more than the standard Virus scan.
Also think I that it is smart when you have done, that you make a DDS log in the sub forum Am I infected.?
Tip: It is not really smart when you run a Hijackthis tool without experiences.

#3 Lee3250

Lee3250
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2011 - 04:54 PM

Still cant run chkdsk. When I run a scan I get a popup that a file within the anti spyware software is corrupt and I should run the chkdsk utility.

Any ideas?

Leigh Anne

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users