Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer running slow....have tried all suggested solutions

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 execpro22

execpro22

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 PM

Posted 01 May 2011 - 02:09 PM

My computer has been running slow for about a month now and I can't figure out why. I have to restart my computer to make it run normally and then after a little bit it just slows down again.

Some things I have tried to fix this problem:

I have updated all my drivers.

I have cleaned the hard drive

I have defragged the disk

I have defragged and cleaned up registry errors

I have scanned my computer with malawarebytes and ESETnod and have used combofix

I have opened the computer case and cleaned it out

Still after all these things my computer still slows down and has to be restarted all the time.

Attached is my system specs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,589 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2011 - 02:15 PM

1) What do you mean you "cleaned the hard drive"?
2) What do you mean you "cleaned up registry errors?
3) What is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc)?

#3 USN Vet

USN Vet

• Members
  • 190 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 AM

Posted 01 May 2011 - 02:21 PM

I would Bring up task manager when you have started up & keep it active. Look to see what is running when you experience slowdown.
Feel free to ignore my comment, just another user !

#4 execpro22

execpro22
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2011 - 04:29 PM

1. cleaned the junk temp files out.

2. used registry mechanic to fix any registry errors

3. I started to notice a difference after comcast installed some software on my computer a month ago. I uninstalled all comcast apps, but still the problem persists.

When I start up task manager I can't really tell if anything is running that shouldn't be. What should I be looking for?

#5 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,589 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2011 - 04:35 PM

Okay, I'm not going to do this in two different forums :).

I've responded to your post at Computer Hope.

#6 ngм

ngм

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 AM

Posted 01 May 2011 - 07:24 PM

How did your computer run when you first got it? Do you notice any slowing down when you run certain applications? I find it strange that your computer is still experiencing issues even after scanning with NOD32, MBAM and running ComboFix. I'm not a moderator, or part of the Malware team, so I am unable to offer you suggestions for tools you can use. I'm sure you'll be able to find someone who will point you in the right direction. It's possible that you have A: too much installed. B: An undetected rootkit, or Malware lurking on your system.

If you have the boot disc for your OS, you could back up data, format the HDD and reinstall your OS. I don't recommend this unless all other variables have been exhausted beyond measure.

Okay, I'm not going to do this in two different forums :).

I've responded to your post at Computer Hope.

I was unable to find 'Computer Hope', so I posted here. I hope it's alright.
Nosce te ipsum.

#7 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 AM

Posted 01 May 2011 - 07:28 PM

Due to this member being helped elsewhere, this topic is closed.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users