Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Quick question about corrupted recovery partition

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 worries

worries

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 PM

Posted 01 May 2011 - 02:01 PM

Hello,
I have a gateway netbook, and i didn't create recovery disks.
Recently, my computer was infected with a TDL3 rootkit that modified the master boot record. After which the gateway recovery management wouldnt work giving an error saying "Harddisk is not configured to factory settings, restore could not be completed" and I couldn't restore anything. But Hitman Pro removed it successfully. After that, i was able to open up the gateway recovery management and I would no longer get that error.

And today I have the TDSS virus >.<" that I can't get rid of, so I was trying to use recovery management through Start menu and it goes through and restarts the computer, but the recovery management doesn't get started at bootup. It just goes back to my windows.

So my actual question is this: Is the recovery partition corrupted now? Is there anyway I can restore my computer to factory defaults still?

Edited by hamluis, 01 May 2011 - 06:15 PM.
Moved from Internal Hardware to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users