Since 2 days i am experiencing behavior where search results (google, bing) redirect to completely other sites. It looks like i have some kind of trojan that hijacked my browser. So far i have done following:
1. Scanned with Malwarebytes - nothing detected
2. Scanned with Spybot search & destroy - nothing detected
3. Scanned with Microsoft Forefront - nothing detected
4. Checked hosts file - it was missing, which is strange, i have edited it before, it was not there, so i created it.
5. Checked TCP/IP settings - set to obtain DNS server names automatically
6. Checked Firefox network settings - set to use no proxy.
Behavior is same for both IE and Firefox.
Versions of browsers: IE7 and Firefox 3.6.17.
OS - Windows XP Professional, SP3
Please let me know what next steps should I do.
Edited by Orange Blossom, 01 May 2011 - 12:34 PM.
Moved to AII for initial assistance. ~ OB