Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Burning Cd_r

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Pauli

Pauli

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 PM

Posted 01 January 2006 - 11:53 PM

If anyone has an answer to this problem please let me know. I put in Cd-R disk in my Emachine slot to burn but it doesn't burn or only partly burns but never completes cycle . Using Maxell CD_R pro 700mb. Am I using wrong disk to burn data? Or is this a puter problem? Have used up alot of disk tryng 2 burn info & getting mad, mad, mad.

Thnx 4 any help on this, Pauli

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Floydoid

Floydoid

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 PM

Posted 02 January 2006 - 06:44 AM

Which burning software are you using?
Posted Image "Is it any wonder that the monkey's confused?"

#3 Pauli

Pauli
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2006 - 10:34 AM

Hi Floidoid, I'm using Windows Media Player 10 4 burning. there's also a Media9 hotfix in my add/remove page, the # KB885492. Should I delete this? Also have Ashampoo's Burning5 I just uploaded 2 my puter but will not work to completion either. That's why I was wondering if I was using the wrong disks. Can you give me a solution w/this info? Thnx 4 answering, Pauli

#4 Floydoid

Floydoid

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 PM

Posted 02 January 2006 - 12:04 PM

Sometimes you get one brand of disk that doesn't like your CD-RW, or v.v.... not sure what the solution to your problem is, as I use Nero.
Posted Image "Is it any wonder that the monkey's confused?"

#5 Pauli

Pauli
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2006 - 12:08 PM

thnx 4 trying. Pauli

#6 Lanscader

Lanscader

• Members
  • 466 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 PM

Posted 02 January 2006 - 09:36 PM

I had a problem where Media Player 10 wouldn't burn audio CDs, and I went into control panel and uninstalled MP 10 (you might have to have the "Show Updates" box checked), which rolled it back to MP 9. Version 9 burns CDs just fine. Since your other program doesn't work either, it's probably not the software, but uninstalling 10 is still worth a try, because you can get it from the Windows Update site again.

Oh, and rolling back to 9 won't erase your music or the all music list or playlists or any other settings (as far as I know).

Edited by Lanscader, 02 January 2006 - 09:38 PM.

"Sir Lord Baron von Vader-han?" ~ Eddie Izzard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users