Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus wont let me run Malwarebytes software

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 my head hurts

my head hurts

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 AM

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:57 AM

Hi all.
First time posting to this forum. Hope someone can help.
My computer became infected with the Windows XP security 2011 virus yesterday.
After reading through the forums, I tried to download the malwarebytes software.
If I run it from the download page or save and then try to open the file, the Xp virus goes nuts.
I cant access the the scan.
Thanks

Edited by hamluis, 01 May 2011 - 07:13 AM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 choice-computing

choice-computing

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 AM

Posted 01 May 2011 - 06:24 AM

try to boot up in safe mode with networking....and see if can get it there......if your infected bad you may even have problems there, in general alot of malicious crap doesnt load with safe mode, then if you go with neworking you cshould be able to download/install/ and run scan, unfortunately your gonna have to do alot more than that to clean up the rogueware and other infections currently on your system.....try the security section in the forum, goood knowledgable peeps there....

#3 my head hurts

my head hurts
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 AM

Posted 01 May 2011 - 09:09 AM

Thanks.
Will give my service provider a crack at it first.
It blew right by the Mcfee virus and firewall security they provide.
They have been good at helping out in the past.
Will post and read up more befoer I call today.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users