Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

unable to run programs without choosing admin option

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Tetris_Chemist

Tetris_Chemist

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 PM

Posted 30 April 2011 - 11:14 PM

Well this may have to do with a bunch of reformatting after ridding malware from my system, but now I'm wondering how to fix this issue:

whenever I click on one of my programs, shortcuts or applications, it acts like it starts with the icon being selected and the loading circle, but shortly stops after and in the task manager leaves the application with around 800k-1400k on the processes.

I can only run programs if selected to run as admin but unfortunately then, most of my programs can't be run as admin.

I'm really wondering what's the issue and some of my more-so tech savvy friends are puzzled by this.

Some suggestions I've seen are to do a system restore to before this issue started, but some of the dates for a system restore contain a very viscious malware. so with this option, I'm wondering if I skip over the date in which I had and contracted the malware, will it restore as it dose in some cases?

***note*** I'm new to these forums so if any admin somehow move this to a more appropriate thread, please give some insight on my issue, but I'm sure this belongs here as it's operating issues now not malware. Another thing is that I'd really appreciate any advice anyone has. This isn't a crippling issue, but a very annoying one at that

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users