Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Custom PC, starts to boot then restarts, constant loop

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nobodyfresh

nobodyfresh

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 AM

Posted 30 April 2011 - 12:30 PM

I have a custom built PC, I've had it for a 3-4 months and have not had one issue. Now today I started it up and all of a sudden it was working fine. Then it restarted all on it's on, and then it just loops.

It will start, show the MSI mobo screen, then restart, and it just loops doing that.

Any idea what could be causing it to do this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 AM

Posted 30 April 2011 - 12:49 PM

What happened prior to this, and does it boot in safe mode? To access safe mode hit F8, just after the post screen.

#3 nobodyfresh

nobodyfresh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2011 - 01:00 PM

That's the thing nothing happened before this. Everything was fine. I had just started it up and I was opening Firefox to check my email, and then it restarted. And has been stuck in the continous loop.

1 Time it did start to go to the windows startup repair, but then it restarted again midway through and it has been doing the loop everytime I start it.

I cannot get to safe mode/setup/utilities, nothing. Am i right in thinking maybe the motherboard crapped out?

#4 nobodyfresh

nobodyfresh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2011 - 01:27 PM

Also is it possible the PSU is dying or crapping out on me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users