Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cd Burning Issues

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 razzle211

razzle211

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 PM

Posted 01 January 2006 - 09:22 PM

I can play CD's, I can upload to the hard drive from the CD but I can't burn a CD. I get the message that no CD can be found or insert CD in the drive. All was working fine and now it isn't. I called Dell and they couldn't tell me whether it was a software or hardware problem. Maybe you can help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2006 - 12:42 AM

What software are you using to attempt to burn the CDs and what is the precise error message you are getting?
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 razzle211

razzle211
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2006 - 12:46 AM

I've used Media player, Sonic, etc. It basically tells me that there is no CD in the drive.

#4 razzle211

razzle211
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2006 - 01:03 AM

Hellllooooo. I'm still waiting for a response. I tried to reinstall my Sonic but it said it was already installed. Tried to repair the program but it had to do it from the disk but it wouldn't recognize the disk when I inserted it. Vicious circle!

#5 rms4evr

rms4evr

• Members
  • 812 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 PM

Posted 08 January 2006 - 03:54 PM

So now the drive won't read cds either. Um...sorry, but your drive may be dead. MAY. I am no expert. However, I had the same problem last month. First, I couldn't burn cds. Then, I couldn't read DVDs. Cds would occasionally read, but the response was sporatic. I had to send it to the shop to get a replacement drive.

You might try cleaning the lens of the drive first. If that doesn't work, then...sorry :thumbsup: . Believe me, I've been there!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users