Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

how did i get got?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kaygie

kaygie

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 PM

Posted 30 April 2011 - 04:52 AM

hi everybody,
i love your site!! i have been having an issue on my computer atm. i recently got a message saying to change my pw as it was suspected that my yahoo email had been broken into. i do play WOW but the email address that i use is only used for my World of Warcraft acct. I never use it for anything else. I am not very involved in chatting. It actually has taken me almost 3 yrs to get 2 characters to lv 85 because I have practically done the entire game solo. Once my warcraft acct. was hacked and i got a similar email mssg (2 ys ago) but it was my fault. I allowed someone access. Now I trust nobody. Both of my pc,s have issues now. I am currently awaiting your help to remove a bad rootkit on this pc and im unsure about my other pc which is in the shop for a new power supply. Im not that literate when it comes to pc,s since im self taught, but how did this happen? what should i do? what can i do? thanx for looking.:dance::busy:

The difference is too nice - Where ends the virtue or begins the vice.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,503 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2011 - 03:38 PM

It could have been a phishing attempt where they were trying to trick you into changing your password at a site that was not really yahoo. Do you still hav ethe original email?

#3 kaygie

kaygie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2011 - 06:43 PM

no i do not. i didnt know that i should keep it. from now on i will..ty

The difference is too nice - Where ends the virtue or begins the vice.

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,503 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:52 AM

Login onto the yahoo email account, instead of using links from an email, from now on when changing passwords. That guarantees your changing the password in the right location.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users