Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Strange processes running, Paypal page randomly opening

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 atfens

atfens

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 PM

Posted 30 April 2011 - 01:24 AM

Hi,

Recently I've been having a problem with my computer, such as strange processes running, a fake Steam window opening up, and a browser window opening at random times on Paypal.

This started one day when I was playing a game and it was stuttering a bit, so I opened Task Manager to stop programs that I don't need running. This was when I noticed 3 different instances of a program running called "312.exe", which I closed. Also one called "sweN.exe", which when I ended caused a fake steam login window to close. This fake Steam login window has popped up several times while I have just been browsing the internet, playing games, etc. Also the close and minimize button in the top right hand corner of the window doesn't work, neither do any other buttons except for the typing fields. I found this suspicious, along with the fact that I have Steam installed but I have it not to run at start-up so I shouldn't see that window unless I run it myself. Also I have found that when I leave my laptop running for a while, a random Google Chrome window will pop up with the Paypal page open on it. This is was very suspiscous as I do not have a paypal account. Also random error messages have been popping up, not sure if they're relevant but next time one pops up I will write it down and post it.

I've scanned with Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes, and they picked up a few things and deleted them but this is still going on. I've downloaded some other programs such as Super Anti-Spyware, and SpywareBot S&D as I have some experience with malware and know these programs are good, but I thought I should ask here as you guys know more than I do.

If it's any help I'm running Windows 7 64-Bit. I only got this computer for Christmas so I'm a bit worried as it's only been 4 months and already have malware.

Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users