Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win Xp Never Starts, A Blue Screen!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jaber

Jaber

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 AM

Posted 01 January 2006 - 08:52 PM

I have had a lot of error messages popping up on my computer when it starts and got worse as days go by. I thought i had viruses and was advised by friends to go to trendmicro.com and scan for viruses. I did and while there before the scan finishes my computer started to shut down and a blue screen came up informing me that windows is shutting down to prevent damages to my system and it tells me that i should check for any new installed hardwares, i have done that and i don't know what exactly is causing the problem. I have started windows in safe mode and tried system restore, and also the last known good configeration. It worked for a day and it went back to the blue screen everytime i start my computer.

Can someone help me please? How far can you go back on the system restore? my computer only allows me to go back to Nov. 14 2005. I have also thought of formatting my computer but ofcourse i'm unable to do it also. Any hlep will be great.

Thanks to all of you in advance..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 AM

Posted 01 January 2006 - 10:15 PM

A trend micro scan alone will not detect all of your problems, imho

You will need to read and try to do as many of these as possible:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/

the pinned topics :thumbsup:
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users