Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

GPU overheats when monitor sleeps

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Slick98

Slick98

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 PM

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:01 PM

My GPU runs at about 45C regularly, but when my monitor goes to sleep after a few minutes I wake it up and the computer is reporting the card to be 120+C!! I haven't been able to determine if the fan stops on sleep or not, on top of that I have sleep disabled in windows, BIOS, and the monitor does not have it's own sleep function. Will let you know if the fan stops as soon as the monitor goes to sleep.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Slick98

Slick98
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:20 PM

Ok. So the fan doesn't stop or seem to slow down at all.... but after about 10 mins the card is 102C.
Any ideas?
And why is my monitor to sleeping in the first place when it's disabled?

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,489 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:22 PM

What is the make and model of this computer?

Please use the following link to provide us with information about your computer so that we can assist you.

How to Publish a Snapshot using Speccy

What are you Power Option settings?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 Slick98

Slick98
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2011 - 07:47 PM

Here's Speccy. No make and model, something I put together. Nothings changed in awhile.
http://speccy.piriform.com/results/JnGy51u48xkNjznRR0ydQf4

Power Options are always on.... monitor, hard disks, and standy are all set to never (turn off), and hibernation is disabled.

Edited by Slick98, 01 May 2011 - 07:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users