Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google Redirect Virus (Help!!!!)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tamcm

tamcm

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 AM

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:06 PM

I need some help in removing the Google redirect virus which I am assuming I have on my laptop as IE is redirecting me to other sites and I am getting multiple IE script errors. I have downloaded the TDDSkiller and changed the file name to a .com but was still unable to open it. I did have the windows recovery virus at the same time and was successful in removing that but have had absolutely no such luck with this one. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated. I am fairly PC illiterate so please be patient with me, thanks!!

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,530 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:38 PM

Hello and welcome. I moved this from Vista to the Am I Infected forum.

Try remaing it as per the end of these instructions.

Please download the TDSS Rootkit Removing Tool (TDSSKiller.exe) and save it to your Desktop. <-Important!!!
Be sure to download TDSSKiller.exe (v2.4.0.0) from Kaspersky's website and not TDSSKiller.zip which appears to be an older version 2.3.2.2 of the tool.
  • Double-click on TDSSKiller.exe to run the tool for known TDSS variants.
    Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
  • If TDSSKiller does not run, try renaming it.
  • To do this, right-click on TDSSKiller.exe, select Rename and give it a random name with the .com file extension (i.e. 123abc.com). If you do not see the file extension, please refer to How to change the file extension.
  • Click the Start Scan button.
  • Do not use the computer during the scan
  • If the scan completes with nothing found, click Close to exit.
  • If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results - Select action for found objects and offer three options.
  • Ensure Cure (default) is selected, then click Continue > Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.
  • A log file named TDSSKiller_version_date_time_log.txt (i.e. TDSSKiller.2.4.0.0_27.07.2010_09.o7.26_log.txt) will be created and saved to the root directory (usually Local Disk C:).
  • Copy and paste the contents of that file in your next reply.

If TDSSKiller does not run, try renaming it. To do this, right-click on TDSSKiller.exe, select Rename and give it a random name with the .com file extension (i.e. 123abc.com). If you do not see the file extension, please refer to these[/color] instructions. In some cases it may be necessary to redownload TDSSKiller and randomly rename it before downloading and saving to the computer

I'd like us to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScan
  • Hold down Control and click on the following link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
    ESET OnlineScan
  • Click the Posted Image button.
  • For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
    • Click on Posted Image to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
    • Double click on the Posted Image icon on your desktop.
  • Check Posted Image
  • Click the Posted Image button.
  • Accept any security warnings from your browser.
  • Under scan settings, check Posted Image and check Remove found threats
  • Click Advanced settings and select the following:
    • Scan potentially unwanted applications
    • Scan for potentially unsafe applications
    • [color=green]Enable Anti-Stealth technology
  • ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
  • When the scan completes, push Posted Image
  • Push Posted Image, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
  • Push the Posted Image button.
  • Push Posted Image

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 tamcm

tamcm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:36 AM

Thanks so much for your reply. I did download the TDSSKiller and was unable to open it even after renaming it to a .com file. I did run the scan and am attaching the results. Well, I was going to attach the results but I couldn't find where I attach the file. I apologize. I have saved the file to my desktop though. I am copy and pasting it:

C:\Users\bestbuy287\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\19\3bc7f793-29408b3b Java/Agent.AO trojan deleted - quarantined
C:\Users\bestbuy287\Shared\bird in small cage - best track ever.mp3 a variant of WMA/TrojanDownloader.GetCodec.gen trojan cleaned - quarantined
C:\Users\bestbuy287\Shared\bird in small cage CD quality.mp3 a variant of WMA/TrojanDownloader.GetCodec.gen trojan cleaned - quarantined
C:\Users\bestbuy287\Shared\Butterfly Boucher - Can you see the lights.mp3 a variant of WMA/TrojanDownloader.GetCodec.gen trojan cleaned - quarantined
C:\Users\bestbuy287\Shared\chris hawkes MTV.mp3 a variant of WMA/TrojanDownloader.GetCodec.gen trojan cleaned - quarantined
C:\Users\bestbuy287\Shared\hollywood undead (best quality).mp3 a variant of WMA/TrojanDownloader.GetCodec.gen trojan cleaned - quarantined
C:\Users\bestbuy287\Shared\i will love you fisher [256k quality].mp3 a variant of WMA/TrojanDownloader.GetCodec.gen trojan cleaned - quarantined
C:\Users\bestbuy287\Shared\left alone vince vaccaro.mp3 a variant of WMA/TrojanDownloader.GetCodec.gen trojan cleaned - quarantined
C:\Users\bestbuy287\Shared\lenka-dont let me fall.mp3 a variant of WMA/TrojanDownloader.GetCodec.gen trojan cleaned - quarantined
C:\Users\bestbuy287\Shared\[iTunes] ahn trio all i want(long edition).mp3 a variant of WMA/TrojanDownloader.GetCodec.gen trojan cleaned - quarantined

Edited by tamcm, 01 May 2011 - 08:28 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users