Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to install Windows 7.......but

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 pervert

pervert

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 AM

Posted 29 April 2011 - 04:00 PM

I don't have an external hard drive to where I can back up my files too. So could I make a partition, drag all of my files into it, install Windows7, then delete the Vista partition?

If that's the way you would do it, could you tell me how because it has been a long time since I have messes arroudn with computers

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,384 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2011 - 05:18 PM

Since you provide virtually no info about hard drives, current partitions, or system...I'll just say that Windows 7 can be installed on any primary partition that has sufficient room.

Louis

#3 pervert

pervert
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2011 - 07:07 PM

I have 1 hard drive 398 free out of 698. No partitions, and I'm on vista.

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,562 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 AM

Posted 30 April 2011 - 05:44 AM

Your original question is not at all clear. Please tell us EXACTLY what it is you want to do.

#5 pervert

pervert
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2011 - 10:34 AM

Alright, sorry for the confusion.

Currently I am running vista, and I would like install WIndows 7. The thins is I don't have an external hard drive, to back up all of my files too.

My question was If I could make a partition, and install Windows 7 on that, and drag all of my files to that partition?

#6 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,562 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2011 - 01:19 PM

Yes

#7 pervert

pervert
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2011 - 06:21 PM

but how?

#8 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,562 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:48 AM

First let me make sure I understand exactly what you want to do. Do you want to install Windows 7 as a second OS and dual boot, do you want to upgrade Vista to W7, or do you want to reformat the Vista partition and install Windows 7 from scratch?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users