Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Another BSOD problem

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 stickey05

stickey05

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 PM

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:25 AM

Hi guys,

Newbie and noob who desperately needs your help here. :) Been having BSOD problems with my pc. Tried everything but result is still the same. When I tried booting on Safe Mode, pc was ok so I assumed that maybe the problem is with my software. Did a reformat but my pc is back on its crazy mode. Still keeps on rebooting. Please help. Don't know much about this stuff, the codes are driving me insane. Please, please.

Thanks in advance. :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:40 PM

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:41 AM

How did you reformat the hdd?

Did you reinstall the operating system after reformatting?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 stickey05

stickey05
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2011 - 12:00 PM

No. The vendor of my pc provided me a .tbi file that I can use to reformat my pc, more like a system restore, back to its default settings and a cd with an image for DOS.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,295 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2011 - 12:23 PM

XP doesn't use DOS...so I can't imagine the need for such a disk.

System manufacturer and model? Or...from whom did you purchase this system?

From what I see. .tbi is a file extension associated with disk images.

http://www.filesuffix.com/extension/tbi.html

http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/image-for-windows.htm

FWIW: If you have a system which uses a disk image from a different system...you should expect problems. The drivers/settings from one system to another would be different...and you would have licensing issues with Microsoft.

Louis

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:40 PM

Posted 29 April 2011 - 06:38 PM

No. The vendor of my pc provided me a .tbi file that I can use to reformat my pc, more like a system restore, back to its default settings and a cd with an image for DOS

What you are describing is a recovery CD or instructions to access a recovery partition on the hdd. This will restore you computer to the default settings that it came with, along with delete all the data that has been added to it after it was purchased.

Is this computer booting up and running at all?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users