Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dragon Naturally Speaking (DNS)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 teaside

teaside

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 PM

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:56 AM

EDIT: [I initially posted this problem to W7 OS section in error and have transferred it to hopefully the proper section] I recently set up my wife's HP w7 64 bit computer. She has MS and used Dragon Naturally Speaking premium 11 on her old XP machine. Too late we discovered that we should not have transferred files from XP to new comp. until we had deleted from new HP. We had used WET to move data between computers. Cutting to the chase we tried everything to delete on HP including trying to use Registry Detective (which found over 1000 entries still in Registry under DNS and a further 1000+ under Nuance, the company name). I emailed DNS but the email address is only a retail outlet, they want to sell me the program and dumped me off onto a 3rd party help site that wants $38 to help. Reluctantly I supplied a VISA number and the "answer" was to download REVO uninstaller a FREE download that we already had installed. Used that existing program but DNS only goes so far then either locks up or provides a pop up box that says it cannot continue because suchandsuch is missing (sorry, that info was not recorded). No idea where to find that data even with search. We are in a catch22 situation. I even sent an email to the CEO at Nuance headquarters in Europe (no response at this time). I know there is a voice recognition program in W7 which my wife has not tried yet. She has only had access to the HP for just over a day. Any ideas anyone? Without DNS my wife is very limited to what she can do on the computer. teaside

EDIT: I deleted post in Win 7, since you reposted in appropriate forum ~ Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 29 April 2011 - 10:30 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 teaside

teaside
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 PM

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:45 PM

76 readers and not one could provide an answer. Well here's the answer! Windows 7 has a free program that converts speech to actions such as open Wordpad, write an email, open photo groups etc, just like Dragon did in XP. There are just too many Dragon users who are having no joy in trying to install Dragon on their W7 computers. My wife went thru the "learning" process in about an hour including a fair amount of reading of explanations etc on screen. It has worked for her so far and so far so good. Stay tuned ... I will further update in a few days or whenever I hear her screaming. :P

Edited by teaside, 01 May 2011 - 05:45 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users