Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Hard disk cooler

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_RadioNorthsea_*

Guest_RadioNorthsea_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 29 April 2011 - 06:21 AM

Hi,

I have a question about the next:

My case has a case fan on the front side.
That case fan is the Hard disk cooler.
At the Hard disk cooler is an adapter with 4 big plug ins; I hope that this is the right translations for the holes in the adapter if not, than my apologizes for this.
First thought I that I must shut on the adapter of the Hard disk cooler on the motherboard, but this Dutch morning thought I, no I must shut on that adapter on the Hard disk.
My question in this is than too: Do have I right or.........?
Do I may your answer, please?.
Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,092 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2011 - 07:04 AM

If it has a 4 pin molex connector (like the on for your hard drive or cd/rom drive if they are not SATA) then you can connect the fan to your power supply on any open power connector. If you don't have an open power connection you can connect it in line with a hard drive. If you can remove the adapter and reveal a 3 or 4 pin fan connector (small square with 4 pins and either 2,3 or 4 wires) you can connect it to the motherboard at any open fan header. If connecting to the motherboard you need to make sure the fan doesn't draw more power then the motherboard is rated for. The manual that came with the case or the fan should list its power consumption and your motherboard will have the information for the fan connections.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 Guest_RadioNorthsea_*

Guest_RadioNorthsea_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:40 AM

Thanks for your explanation Sneakycyber.
Before I asked this question, took I a look in my manuel of my pc. case, I have a beautiful manuel with schema and pictures how you must install the stuff, but they don't speak over the Hard disk cooler adapter.
But the Hard disk cooler is there.
So that is the reason that I asked this.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,363 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 PM

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:41 AM

Does the connector look like the one below?

Posted Image

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 Guest_RadioNorthsea_*

Guest_RadioNorthsea_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 29 April 2011 - 01:55 PM

Ya that is 100 % correct.
This midday then I came back from the Computer shop, I opened the case for install new case fan and took a look in the room and saw that adapter.
I have also opened the old case, because I would know or the cpu cooler on the Pentium processor is still in tact and it is nasty for me; I lay the measure instrument on the foot of the cpu cooler and saw that the foot is not 100 % flak, so the old cpu cooler can I not more use.
But I took also a look in the Hard disk room and saw that adapter in your picture, but also the connector at the end of the Hard disk were must in the adapter.

I have this message edited, because I had per abuse wrote in my own language.

Edited by RadioNorthsea, 29 April 2011 - 02:10 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users