Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Restore virus

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 David MA

David MA

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 PM

Posted 28 April 2011 - 06:54 PM

A few weeks ago I acquired one of the fake anti-virus malware viruses and used your site to rid my computer of the pest. It was easy and worked well.

Last night I acquired the Windows Restore malware virus. I used your site for the rkill then used Malwarebytes and then used your program to unhide the hidden content that the virus causes.

I THINK my computer is free of the virus, however after I did all of the above, some of my files, particularly things from my Desktop, were still hidden. For instance, on my actual desktop there was no Computer file, or Network file, however if I click on the start button, go to My Computer and click on Desktop, those files are there and appear okay.

After all that last night I updated and re-ran Malwarebytes and my TrendMicro, and all appeared okay, save for the files that are still hidden.

Please advise.

Edited by Orange Blossom, 28 April 2011 - 09:49 PM.
Moved to AII for initial assistance. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users