Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Flash Player 10

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Boonjovi

Boonjovi

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 AM

Posted 28 April 2011 - 04:00 PM

Hi everyone, my name is Robert, otherwise known as Boonjovi as you can see :P I've been a fan of this site for years, but never got around to signing up until now.

Anyway, my problem is with Adobe Flash Player 10, and it's starting to get very, very VERY annoying.

Essentially, my computer can't run Flash Player. I know, it sounds pathetic.
It lags frames, like, a lot. If it were just every now and then, I could deal with it, but videos are unwatchable like this.
It's been like this since FP10 first came out. The only temporary solution I have been able to find is to set plugin_container.exe's priority to AboveNormal.
I've tried several browsers including: Firefox, Opera, Safari, Google Chrome, and even Internet Explorer.
I have tried alternatives for Firefox, but unfortunately they don't work very well and still lag.
I have tried enabling and disabling Hardware Acceleration.
I have tried reinstalling Flash Player 10.
I have tried defragging my hard drives, as well as deleting unused programs.
I have tried scanning for viruses and malware with Avast, MalwareBytes AntiMalware and Spybot.

The only other solution I have found is to used Flash Player 9, but that only works with YouTube, and no other popular video site I have tried.
I'm in dire need of help, and all help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 AM

Posted 28 April 2011 - 06:07 PM

It could be Flash is corrupted. Is this problem just on Youtube or on other sites too? You can't just reinstall Flash. You have to uninstall it using the tool at this link and install a new copy.

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html

#3 Boonjovi

Boonjovi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2011 - 06:19 PM

It's on all video sites. Actually, not just video sites. Flash games, too.

Well, I didn't know about the uninstalling thing :P So I'll try that now and post my results.

Edited by Boonjovi, 28 April 2011 - 06:54 PM.

#4 Boonjovi

Boonjovi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2011 - 06:55 PM

Sorry for double posting, I figured you wouldn't notice if I'd just editted the comment.

Well, I've tried it.
Uninstalled using Adobe's tool, then re-installed with a newly downloaded copy of the Flash installer, and the frame skip problem is still there.

Although the frame problem still exists, I did, however, notice that plugin_container.exe uses MUCH less RAM than it did before.
Like, 50K as opposed to 175K.

#5 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2011 - 05:07 AM

Now that you've done that, you might want to try going into Flash settings and disabling Hardware Acceleration. That might work now.

#6 Boonjovi

Boonjovi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2011 - 02:48 PM

Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately it still did not work. Although, I did notice the frames were a small bit better.
Also, I forgot to mention that the videos seem to work fine after buffering is completely done.

Edited by Boonjovi, 29 April 2011 - 02:48 PM.

#7 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2011 - 05:52 PM

I think that may be the best you're going to get.

#8 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,989 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2011 - 07:34 PM

Do a speed test. Compare what you are paying for versus what you are actually getting.
Be aware that depending on time of day, your results will vary. Meaning how busy the internet is
for your region. Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#9 Boonjovi

Boonjovi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2011 - 08:26 PM

I did the SpeedTest.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1274628837.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users